“I have been trained in a variety of different therapy models, and will tailor my approach to the individual needs of a child or family and work collaboratively with families to devise a treatment plan.”
- Psychology BSc Hons. University of Bristol (1991-1994)
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (PsychD.) University of Plymouth (1996-1999)
- 20 years of experience working in various mental health settings, both within the NHS and in independent practice
- Specialised within Children’s Services in 2001, and was the lead Psychologist within an NHS Child and Adolescent Mental Health Team (CAMHS) for many years
- Extensive experience working with children and young people up to the age of 18, and their families, struggling with a wide range of emotional, behavioural, psychological, developmental and educational problems.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR)
- Narrative Therapy
- Behavioural approaches
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD), and associated difficulties, such as anxiety, school refusal, phobias, sensory issues, challenging behaviour, friendship issues etc.
Alex outside The Orchard
“I am very fortunate to live within walking distance of the sea, on a beautiful stretch of the South Coast, and enjoy dinghy sailing, kayaking, dog walking, bike rides, crabbing, and pub lunches with my children and husband. In my own time, I enjoy swimming and Pilates to help maintain my own well-being, as well as catching up with friends over coffee.”